Here's how much space $1,000 in rent will get you in 11 major US cities
- The cost per square foot for apartments in the US varies drastically depending on the location of the home.
- Business Insider teamed up with Zillow's rental site, HotPads, to find out how much space roughly $1,000 per month in rent will get you in 11 major cities across the country.
- In certain areas, like San Francisco, a single square foot of space costs over $4, while in other places that amount dips below $1.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Depending on where you live, the amount of space that comes with $1,000 per month in rent can vary.
In fact, depending on the city, the price per square foot can fall just under $1 - or cost over $4.
To compile the data, Joshua Clark, an economist at HotPads, analyzed all rentals that were uploaded to HotPads' or Zillow's databases within the last three months for roughly $1,000 per month. By calculating the median price per square foot in each city, Clark was able to identify how much space you can get for around $1,000 per month in each.
Keep reading to see how far $1,000 per month will get you in these cities, ranked from the most spacious rentals to the "coziest" small apartments.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Raleigh, North Carolina
New York, New York
San Francisco, California
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- India's business activity surges to 7-month high in February
- Snapping 6-day gains, Indian stock indices in red; high valuations a concern
- ED issues look out notice against Byju Raveendran: Sources
- Sugar stocks slip after govt raises fair price to ₹340 per quintal
- Social media platform 'X' decides to withhold accounts after Indian govt executive orders