Here's how Ron Conway wants his companies to vote in San Francisco's election
TechCrunch via Flickr Creative Commons
But there's no disclosure of how certain ballot measures directly affect his portfolio or even explanations on why he's recommending them.
For instance, Conway advises voting against Prop F, an initiative to limit the sharing economy in San Francisco, which is aimed straight at Conway's portfolio company Airbnb.
There's nothing illegal about the email - Mitt Romney advised business owners to do the same in his 2012 presidential campaign.
At the very least, the published email shows how one of the city's biggest political donors is planning to vote:
From: Ron Conway
Date: October 24, 2015 at 12:01:55 PM PDT
To: Ron Conway
Subject: SF Election Recommendations for November 3rd
TO: San Francisco-based SV Angel Portfolio CEOs
We have an important election in SF on November 3rd.
Can you please share the list below and ask your team to Vote either on November 3 or by absentee ballot beforehand !
Candidate and proposition recommendations in the upcoming election in SF on November 3 :
Ed Lee Mayor in all 3 choices (rank choice voting)
Vicki Hennessy Sheriff in all 3 choices (rank choice voting)
Alex Randolph Member, Community College Board
If you live in District 3 in SF vote FOR Julie Christensen in all 3 choices (rank choice voting)
Not Voting for candidates for City Attorney, District Attorney or Treasurer
PROPOSITIONS ON THE BALLOT
These recommendations match those of sf.citi.
General Obligation Bond Election - Affordable Housing - Not to Exceed $310,000,000
Enhancement of Paid Parental Leave for City Employees
Expenditure Lobbyists Ordinance
Requirements For Public Meetings of Local Policy Bodies
Short-Term Residential Rentals
Disclosures Regarding Renewable Energy
Clean Energy Right to Know Act
Mission District Housing Moratorium
Establishing the Legacy Business Historic Preservation Fund
Surplus City Property Ordinance
We've reached out to Conway for comment on his e-mail, and we'll update when we hear back.
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams