Here's when Belk stores will be open for Black Friday
- Belk stores will open at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving and remain open until 1 a.m., before re-opening on Black Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- There will be some discounts and promotions tied to the day.
- The company is following a trend of retailers setting earlier opening times on Thanksgiving.
Clothing and apparel retailer Belk will open its stores at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving this year. They will remain open until 1 a.m., before re-opening on Black Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m, according to BlackFriday.com.
The company will offer a number of Black Friday deals and promotions, including $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more and three-for-one deals on some clothing items and brands, including all Kim Rogers items and men's casual and dress pants. Belk will also be giving away $1,000 to one customer in each of its stores.
The holiday shopping season, which traditionally runs from the day after Thanksgiving through most of December, is set to begin in earnest this year on November 24, when Black Friday falls this year.
While some retailers refuse to operate on Thanksgiving, others are pushing their opening times earlier and earlier in an attempt to gain an edge in a competitive retail market.
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Twitter sued by advisory firm for not paying $1.9 mn as Musk deal fees
- Artist recycles e-waste from banks into 10-ft-tall statue
- Nine of top-10 firms add Rs 1.88 lakh cr in m-cap; ITC biggest gainer
- India biggest exporter of vaccines, mobile phones: Union Minister Thakur
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra