Elon Musk just went on record saying Tesla might launch in India this year
If Elon Musk, Silicon Valley maverick and serial entrepreneur sticks to the promise he made barely 15 hours ago, automakers and car enthusiasts in India will have a lot to rejoice for.
Responding to a casual query on when he plans to open a Tesla unit in India from a Twitter user last night, Musk hinted at a possible India launch for Tesla as early as summer 2017.
AdvertisementHis one tweet was enough to send the microblogging site into a tizzy!
Though, it's well-known that the auto giant's interest in India is immense, it also wouldn't be wrong to say that it could be premature to get excited about the prospect of an India launch at this stage, given how past events unfolded.
After the launch of Model 3 last year, Musk had gone on record and announced plans to enter the Indian market, which didn't go as he expected. Musk had again floated the idea of setting up a battery plant in India when Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Silicon Valley.
But, who knows, this time could be the charm and we could indeed see a Tesla launch in summer.
Incase you were wondering, here's how the conversation unfolded:
@elonmusk eagerly waiting for Tesla to launch in India. Any plans to do it? If so then WHEN?— Ishan Goel (@goel_ishan) February 7, 2017
@goel_ishan Hoping for summer this year— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 7, 2017
- Uttar Pradesh prohibits entry of more than five people in religious places
- Night curfew imposed in Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur district from 9 pm to 6 am till April 18
- Here’s a tiny washing machine that cleans your TWS earbuds in two minutes
- 106-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh gets her first COVID-19 vaccine
- Facebook's ad delivery system shows gender bias, says new study