Here’s why Pepperfry is taking the Omni-channel route before IKEA enters the Indian market
The company, which is currently leading the e-commerce pack in terms of volume,aims to contribute to 20 million Indian homes by 2020.
To keep the momentum going, Pepperfry is pioneering the omni-channel approach by opening 16 Studios across the major metro cities in India. These Studios essentially serve as offline experience centers for discerning Pepperfry customers who are seeking design inspiration through a touch and feel of the Pepperfry products and through complimentary design consultation.
The Studios also help build enjoyable customer experiences and are great touch points for better engagement, thereby seamlessly bridging the gap between offline and online.
Business Insider caught up with
The customer is not online or offline but it’s the channel that they choose. With 22 studios in the country, Pepperfry currently attributes 25% of its purchases due to the studios.
“To get the studios to the online customers, we are also integrating Virtual Reality experience on the website. We want the customers to be at ease and see how the furniture looks in their homes,” says Shah whose company is largest that furniture seller trailed by HomeCentre.
The Indian Home & Furniture currently stands at $20 Billion with only about 12% of it being organised. With 64% online traffic, Shah says that the online space is no competition as the company is thrice of that of its closest competitor.
Popular on BI
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World