A 3.5 magnitude earthquake hit south of San Francisco
- A 3.5 magnitude earthquake hit Colma, which is south of San Francisco, on Saturday morning.
- The earthquake had a depth of 4.7 miles, and there have been no reports of damage from the earthquake so far.
- According to experts, California has not experienced a major earthquake in around 25 years, which means a massive quake could be yet to come.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Residents of San Francisco and its surrounding area woke up Saturday morning to a 3.5 magnitude earthquake.
The earthquake hit just south of San Francisco at 8:41 a.m. local time, according to the US Geological Survey. The epicenter was just west of Colma, which is in San Mateo County and south of San Francisco.
The earthquake had a depth of 4.7 miles, but there have been no reports of damage from the earthquake so far.
Colma was founded as a necropolis and known as "The City of the Dead" or the "City of Souls." This is because of its vast cemeteries. Dead people outnumber alive people by 1,000 to 1. There are 1.5 million people buried there, and 1,509 residents, according to the city's website.
Those who felt the earthquake are welcome to report their experience to the USGS.
According to experts, California has not experienced a major earthquake in around 25 years, which means a massive quake could be yet to come.
NOW WATCH: 9 items to avoid buying at Costco
- Hackers are using a new fake chatbot trick to steal your data — here’s how to keep yourself safe
- Google's Imagen can use text to make images, paintings, CGI renders using AI — here are some pictures
- New India Assurance net profit drawn down by huge operating loss in the health insurance segment
- LG’s rollable OLED TV finally debuts in India, priced at ₹75 lakhs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction