This at-home shiatsu massager is the best $50 I've ever spent on Amazon - it relieves my tension and feels amazing
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- I have pretty awful tension built up in my shoulders, but I can't justify the cost of regular professional massages (which cost upwards of $300 for 80 minutes in New York City).
- About two years ago, I got this shiatsu massager on Amazon for $49.95, and it's been a complete godsend.
- Its heated nodes rotate and knead my sore muscles, helping to melt away tension at the end of the day.
As a combined result of living and commuting in New York City and also suffering from TMD, I deal with a pretty severe amount of physical tension in my shoulders, jaws, and neck. I get migraines and tension headaches all the time, which probably isn't helped by the fact that I always forget to drink water.
The only thing I've found that gives my back and shoulders immediate relief from the tension is this $50 shiatsu massager I got on Amazon years ago.
This massager features four rotating, heated nodes that knead away the stress of the day and get deep into the knots in my shoulders and back. The nodes switch directions every few minutes just like they would in a massage chair, which prevents bruising and helps to melt away muscular tension from different angles. The heated element, which can be turned on or off, helps to warm the muscles up and keep them limber through the massage.
It's the closest thing I've experienced to a professional massage at home, minus the $250 price tag, plus the convenience of being able to watch TV while using it.
The base has two elastic straps that Velcro together in the middle so you can secure it around a chair or head-rest, though I find that it's better to just keep the straps hanging from the side so you can use them to adjust the positioning of the massager when it's in use. Any purchase of the massager comes with a car adapter that allows you to plug it into a cigarette lighter, but I personally don't advise using this in the car - it's not particularly comfortable when placed right behind your head, and the strength of the nodes will force your head to move around in a way that may be unsafe while driving.
It's important to note that one cycle lasts 20 minutes, and 20 minutes really is all you should do at one time.
Because my knots are so deep and intense, I used to just keep the massager going for two or three cycles, hoping that I could release the tension completely all in one sitting. But I would always end up with bruises, leaving me in even more discomfort for the days (and sometimes entire weeks) following. I have since learned my lesson, and even though I'm always tempted to let it go for a second cycle, I only use it for 20 minutes a day.
You don't have to have severe tension to enjoy using this massager. Regardless of how chronic your discomfort is, you might find that this is the perfect way to just release some stress at the end of the day.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World