Tickets to Britain's Glastonbury Festival sold out in 34 minutes, and a record 2.4 million fans tried to get a spot
- Emily Eaves, co-organizer of Glastonbury, tweeted on Sunday: "We have now sold out. Thank you all for your incredible, continued support. Demand was higher than ever, with over 2.4 million people registered. Bring on 2020!"
- No headliners are yet scheduled, but reportedly Paul McCartney is among those tipped to perform.
- Read more stories like this at Business Insider.
Tickets for Glastonbury music festival got snapped up by festivalgoers in only 34 minutes, with a record 2.4 million trying for a chance to get in.
Emily Eaves, co-organizer of the annual event, tweeted on Sunday: "We have now sold out. Thank you all for your incredible, continued support. Demand was higher than ever, with over 2.4 million people registered. Bring on 2020!"
The festival's official Twitter account tweeted that tickets had all been sold at 9:34 a.m. on Sunday, 34 minutes after they officially went on sale.
"No acts have been confirmed for Glastonbury 2020, but the bookmakers' favorites are Taylor Swift, Fleetwood Mac and Paul McCartney," the Guardian newspaper wrote.
More than 200,000 people were estimated to have attended the 2019 event in Somerset, where Stormzy, The Killers, The Cure, and Kylie Minogue performed.
The Glastonbury website on Sunday said: "We are truly humbled by the incredible number of people from around the world who hoped to come to next year's 50th Anniversary Festival, with demand significantly outstripping supply."
Tickets for Glastonbury 2020 have now Sold Out. Thank you to everyone who bought one, and sorry to those who missed out. There will be a ticket resale in April - plus we'll be announcing details of a special ballot for the sale of 50 pairs of tickets in the coming days.- Glastonbury Festival (@GlastoFest) October 6, 2019
- Hackers are using a new fake chatbot trick to steal your data — here’s how to keep yourself safe
- Google's Imagen can use text to make images, paintings, CGI renders using AI — here are some pictures
- New India Assurance net profit drawn down by huge operating loss in the health insurance segment
- LG’s rollable OLED TV finally debuts in India, priced at ₹75 lakhs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction