WeWork Japan has a new CEO just days after Adam Neumann resigned
Tomohiro Ohsumi/Getty Images
- WeWork Japan has appointed a new CEO just days after WeWork boss Adam Neumann stepped down.
- Kazuyuki Sasaki replaces Chris Hill, who was WeWork Japan's CEO since the company first entered Japan in 2017.
- Sasaki previously served as WeWork Japan's managing director and chief financial officer, having combined both roles since April.
- His appointment comes amid a time of intense public scrutiny for WeWork in the wake of its shelved IPO and lurid reports about its company culture under Neumann.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Before becoming its new CEO, Sasaki served as WeWork Japan's chief financial officer, having started in January 2018. He has also served as its managing director since April of this year, a role he combined with with the CFO post.
Sasaki's appointment comes a time of intense public scrutiny for the We Company, WeWork's parent firm, after it indefinitely postponed plans to go public last month.
The shared office provider's business model, management practices and company culture have all been subject to criticism and scrutiny. The firm's chief financial officer Artie Minson and vice chairman Sebastian Gunningham were appointed successors to Neumann and will jointly hold the CEO role. Masayoshi Son - CEO of SoftBank, WeWork's largest financial backer - reportedly "lost faith" in Neumann in the days before he stepped down.
Sasaki replaces Chris Hill, who has served as WeWork Japan's CEO since WeWork first entered the country in 2017.
WeWork was one of the SoftBank's Vision Fund's biggest bets, with the We Company receiving over $10 billion in investment from the fund in the past two years.
The Japanese tech conglomerate is currently raising for a second Vision Fund, but after WeWork's botched IPO, the biggest backers of the first fund - the Saudi Public Investment Fund and Abu Dhabi's Mubadala Investment Company - are reportedly reconsidering their involvement in Fund 2.
- eMudhra IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Heatwave is gone and heavy rainfall, hailstorms in the next 5 days — IMD issues alert
- Retail inflation could soften by 50-60 basis points on government interventions: CARE
- Tata Steel, JSW, SAIL and JSPL will lose half of their export biz as government wages war on inflation
- Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction