How big is 'Fortnite'? With more than 200 million players, it's now equal to nearly two-thirds the US population
- "Fortnite" is stronger than ever, with more than 200 million registered players.
- That's a huge increase from June, when just 125 million players were registered.
- Additionally, "Fortnite" has more than 80 million monthly players.
The biggest game in the world - "Fortnite" - is showing no signs of slowing down.
That's clear from the latest statistic to come out of "Fortnite" creator Epic Games: More than 200 million players have registered accounts, Epic Games confirmed on Tuesday.
Between June 2018 and November 2018, 75 million new players registered, putting the total at more than 200 million.
That's a pretty remarkable number. It puts "Fortnite" registered player numbers in the same realm as the most popular games of all time - games like "Tetris" and "Minecraft" and "Grand Theft Auto 5."
"Fortnite:Battle Royale"/Epic Games
That said, there's a big difference between "Fortnite" and those games: "Fortnite" is free, and available on pretty much anything that will play video games. It also doesn't hurt that the focus of "Fortnite" is an online-only multiplayer mode named "Battle Royale" that's endlessly re-playable.
It's that mix of attributes that's helped "Fortnite" become the most popular game in the world since the Battle Royale mode launched in September 2017.
It's been barely a year since "Fortnite" began its climb to the top, and already its victory dances have bled into professional sports.
It feels like months since Drake joined up with Tyler "Ninja" Blevins to stream the game on Twitch, thus boosting its visibility even more - but that's because it was months ago, way back in March. March!
Youtube / Ninja
And now, just one year after Battle Royale hit "Fortnite," more people are playing it monthly than there are people living in Drake's home country - by a factor of two! Way to make Canada look underpopulated, "Fortnite."
And if we're talking about registered players? At over 200 million, "Fortnite" has a player base that's nearly two-thirds of the entire US population.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know