How India shopped on Snapdeal in 2016
E-commerce sector is quickly packing up to be the most interesting sector as more and more people start shopping online.
With the demonetization move, it is bound to grow further and further.
This is what we found out:
1) Delhi-NCR topped the charts as the most online shopping-savvy metro city in India, followed by Bangalore and Mumbai.
2) Pune emerged as a leader amongst all Tier I city shoppers.
ALSO READ: How India Shopped On Flipkart in 2016
3) 60% of the sales came from Tier II cities and beyond.
4) Mirroring the rising penetration of smartphones, 82% of the traffic came from the mobile platforms (app and m-site).
5) There was a surge in growth across new categories including Daily Needs (Detergents and Fabric Care, Tea Coffee and Beverages); Living Room Furniture, Gaming, Academic and Professional Books, Mobile Enhancements and Gift Cards.
ALSO READ: BI Year-Ender: Five surprising startup acquisitions in 2016
6) Personal Care & Grooming stood out as a popular category among men, witnessing a 58% increase mostly in metro regions.
7) Amongst women, the make-up category is extremely popular online, seeing a whopping overall growth of 345% YoY.
8) The sale of Skin Care category grew by 77% with
ALSO READ: These are the five gadgets you should buy before the year ends
9) From an overall perspective, popular categories included Mobiles & Tablets, Women’s Ethnic Wear, Men’s Apparel, Computer & Peripherals and Mobile Accessories.
- Zimbabwe's health minister fired over COVID-19 graft scandal
- West Bengal records highest single-day deaths of 25 COVID-19 patients
- COVID-19: West Bengal records highest single-day deaths of 25 COVID-19 patients
- Realists enjoy more long-term happiness than optimists: Study
- May impose total lockdown if COVID-19 situation worsens: Meghalaya DyCM