How Mark Zuckerberg Shut Down A Troll Who Called Facebook's 'Donate' Button For Ebola A Marketing Stunt
Earlier today, Facebook announced the launch of a "Donate Now" button on people's News Feed to let them give money to one of three charities: International Medical Corps, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, or Save the Children.
Facebook will also be providing internet and voice-calling access to aid workers in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. In the comments section of Mark Zuckerberg's post about the initiative, though, a Facebook user accused the company of simply launching the button as a marketing stunt:
Zuckerberg had a great response:
Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, committed $25 million to fight Ebola on Oct. 14.
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route
- Ghazal maestro Pankaj Udhas passes away at 72