How Safe Are Indian Roads?
Road accidents are nothing new. Not even a single day passes by, when we don’t get to hear of fatal accidents taking away lives. Yesterday was no different. And this time, it involved the Dream Girl, Hema Malini. The former actress and now a BJP MP, met with a fatal accident in which her Mercedes collided with a hatchback car and left many injured and a 4-year kid dead.
This makes one wonder how safe Indian roads are? Here is an infographic that reveals some horrific facts about road safety in India.
We hope, after seeing these stats and facts will wake up Indians and encourage them to follow road safety protocols.
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future