How To Easily Extend Your Android Phone's Battery Life
It can be incredibly frustrating when you're away from a charger and your phone's battery keeps draining until it's dead as a doornail.
Sometimes it's unavoidable, but there are a few things you can do to stop your phone from losing its juice so fast.
Google recently published a quick slideshow about how to save battery and we found the tips helpful, so we provided a quick explainer for how to do each one:
Navigate to Settings, then Display, and then Brightness. If you un-check "Automatic Brightness," you'll be able to slide your screen's levels higher or lower.
To turn off GPS, navigate to Settings, then Location, and then un-check GPS Satellites. To turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, navigate to settings, then switch both to "Off." You can turn off NFC by navigating into the "Wireless and Networks" category in settings, and un-checking the box. Turning off LTE varies from Android device to Android device (here are some phone-specific explainers). Generally, once in Settings, you should navigate to "Wireless and Networks," then "Network Mode," and then "WCDMA" (which will keep your phone on 3G).
You can disable the automatic sync features of individual apps by navigating to settings, then accounts. You'll be able to click on each different account and then check or un-check what you want to regularly sync.
First, press the button that calls up your recent apps (usually bottom right on your phone), and swipe away the ones that you don't need running.
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G and Nord Buds 2 to launch on April 4 – Here’s all you need to know
- Amazon Convertible Fest sale – Best deals on convertible ACs and refrigerators
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming
- BYJU's set to raise $250 million, at a lower valuation
- Piramal Realty inks deal with Jio-bp to install EV charging stations at its properties