How to figure out the best time to buy a home, according to a mortgage analyst
- Buying a home is likely to be one of the biggest investments of your life.
- For many, life events such as marriage or the birth of a child are often the catalyst to buying a home.
- It's important to buy a home when you're able to afford one, though waiting until the winter to put down an offer could save you a bit.
- Here's how to know when it's the best time to buy a home.
Buying your first home is one of the biggest investments you will make in your lifetime.
Lewis has followed the mortgage market since 2001 - through the first housing boom, the 2008 crash and its aftermath, and the recovery. Here are his practical tips to help you figure out the right time to buy a home.
Buy when you're ready
Don't wait until you get married
Buy in the winter
Avoid waiting for mortgage rates to go up or down
Look for creative financing
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet