Hyperloop One is considering 11 US routes for its futuristic transport system - here they are
The Los Angeles-based startup held a two-day event in Washington DC this week to showcase its "Vision in America." The event served two purposes: one, to consider a 11 US route proposals for the high-speed transit system, and two, to meet with federal regulators in Washington about getting the system up-and-running.
"We're trying to position Hyperloop as one of the best candidates that there are for re-inventing infrastructure in America," Nick Earle, Hyperloop One's senior vice president for global operations, told Business Insider. "It's built in America, it can be implemented in America, it's made in America... there are a lot of reasons why it fits with the national agenda right now."
The event shows Hyperloop One is trying to get ahead of the regulatory curve before it even proves the technology.
The startup plans to launch a public trial, which Earle refers to as the company's "Kitty Hawk moment," on its two-mile development track in Nevada by the end of June. But a company has yet to prove the system Tesla CEO Elon Musk outlined in a White Paper in 2013.
Earlier this year, Hyperloop One launched a global challenge to crowdsource route proposals for a Hyperloop system in the US. After receiving over 2,600 submissions, the startup selected 11 finalists to present their vision in DC.
Hyperloop One says it will ultimately select two or three routes to study further. Scroll down for a look at all the routes under consideration:
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- GenZs, millennials are turning to thrift stores to upgrade their wardrobe while saving the environment
- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Last day to subscribe, grey market premiums at ₹25
- Hit and earn: Indian cricket fans can win as much as $500 a day playing cricket in the metaverse
- Indians are buying more pre-owned cars: Scorpio, Fortuner among the top picks
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav