I get more done working from home than I ever did at an office - here are 5 ways I've increased my productivity
- Many people find they're more productive working from home than they are working out of an office.
- Here, self-employed author Jennifer Still details five ways she's been able to increase her productivity while working from home.
I've been employed in several different industries over the years in different environments.
From post-production studios to administrative offices to retail stores, I toiled away on the clock (and under my boss's watchful eye) for much of my working life and always felt moderately productive.
It wasn't until I began working from home as an editor and writer nearly a decade ago that I realized how little I was actually getting accomplished in a traditional work environment, compared to performing my duties while in my own space.
I'm now more productive than ever, and I attribute much of that to following these productivity tips.
1. I exercise first thing in the morning.
2. I stand up at least once an hour and walk away from my computer.
3. I lock myself out of social media during periods of heavy workload.
4. I create my own business hours, if possible.
5. I work ahead instead of playing catch-up.
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds