I interviewed over 100 people at Goldman Sachs, and this is what the most impressive job candidates had in common
Brown, who has a bachelor's from Harvard University and an MBA from Columbia, spent a lot of time interviewing job candidates at Goldman, where she held various roles, including analyst, wealth adviser, and chief of staff. She was also part of the investment bank's Harvard recruiting team, she says.
"I interviewed anywhere from 20 to 30 job candidates a year, so in total, I interviewed over 100 people at Goldman Sachs," she tells Business Insider. "And this is what the most impressive job candidates had in common: They were confident, poised, articulate, and came to the interviews prepared and ready to 'sell' themselves for the role."
Brown says, "Obviously it's important for any candidate to do research on the job prior to the interview, but those who connected their previous experiences and accomplishments (in college, internships, or full-time jobs) to the job for which they were interviewing, really stood out the most.
"It's pretty basic stuff, but those candidates who were able to do all of that and express some of their personalities were the top-notch candidates. The real stand-outs were those who did all of the above but also had some personality, and were not just the personification of their résumés."
Brown says she still remembers one candidate who stood out more than anyone else she ever interviewed. "He ended up being the 'benchmark' in my mind, by encompassing all of the above. He was poised, confident, well-spoken, well-prepared, and sold himself in a natural, conversational way."
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World