I spent the last week with Nintendo's new, $200 version of its wildly popular Nintendo Switch - and I'm convinced it's going to be a killer gift option this holiday
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Nintendo just released a new version of its wildly popular Nintendo Switch console.
- The new console costs just $200, but it loses an important function that defines the Switch: the ability to act as both a home console and a portable. Instead, the Switch Lite is a dedicated handheld, like Nintendo's Game Boy, DS, and 3DS before it.
- That said, the Switch Lite is a killer handheld console at a great price. It's a particularly good choice for kids, or people who already own a Switch but want a dedicated handheld version.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Nintendo's new version of the Switch is the least expensive, most accessible way to jump into Nintendo's best console in years.
It's a smartly built little device that feels almost underpriced at just $200.
That lower price comes with a compromise, of course: The Switch Lite can't switch between being a handheld game console and a home game console, like its forebearer. But having spent the last week with the Switch Lite, I'm convinced it's going to be a hot item this holiday season.
The Switch Lite is a better handheld console than the original Nintendo Switch.
The Switch Lite is perfect for kids, but sleek enough to appeal to adults.
The Switch Lite is also a great choice for people who already own a Switch.
One caveat: The Switch Lite is still relatively large by handheld electronics standards, and playing for awhile still cramps my hands like the regular Switch does.
Caveats aside, it's hard to imagine anyone not loving the Switch Lite as a gift this holiday.
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS