I tried the MakeMyTrip ‘My Business’ facility which makes GST claim easier for SMEs
This new solution, is supposed to provide a ‘convenient, transparent and efficient self-booking tool that employees can use’ from the same MakeMyTrip app for their business travel.
The facility will not only make businesses of any size avail best corporate travel deals but will also bring down friction in the expense process.
Ranjeet Oak, Chief Business Officer, MakeMyTrip told Business Insider, “For most organizations, business travel spending is the second largest expense, and the entire process allows a certain amount of discrepancies and reimbursement issues later on. SMEs are contributing to 70% of the flourishing Indian corporate travel business and we wish to enable these businesses by helping them get an online travel desk instead of setting up a separate one for their firm.”
Companies like Ola and Uber have enabled taxi rides for corporate travel for many companies but for many employees who travel constantly for work, reimbursement, bill-filing and even approvals remains an inconvenience.
I tried out the app and website and noticed that the self-booking online tool makes it easy to move complex offline processes - approval metrics, travel policies, payment options – online; making travel booking efficient and experience seamless.
AdvertisementAnother great feature is that if a corporate books a hotel with MakeMyTrip, then MMT will pass the GST details of the company during the booking to the hotelier. When the hotel creates the bill, GST details of the company would be incorporated on the invoice which would ensure that the tax charged on the invoice will be uploaded by them against the company’s GST account. Also, against the convenience fee charged by MMT, the company will be able to claim GST benefits as well.
This way, companies stand to claim
Popular on BI
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail