I tried the MakeMyTrip ‘My Business’ facility which makes GST claim easier for SMEs
This new solution, is supposed to provide a ‘convenient, transparent and efficient self-booking tool that employees can use’ from the same MakeMyTrip app for their business travel.
The facility will not only make businesses of any size avail best corporate travel deals but will also bring down friction in the expense process.
Ranjeet Oak, Chief Business Officer, MakeMyTrip told Business Insider, “For most organizations, business travel spending is the second largest expense, and the entire process allows a certain amount of discrepancies and reimbursement issues later on. SMEs are contributing to 70% of the flourishing Indian corporate travel business and we wish to enable these businesses by helping them get an online travel desk instead of setting up a separate one for their firm.”
Companies like Ola and Uber have enabled taxi rides for corporate travel for many companies but for many employees who travel constantly for work, reimbursement, bill-filing and even approvals remains an inconvenience.
I tried out the app and website and noticed that the self-booking online tool makes it easy to move complex offline processes - approval metrics, travel policies, payment options – online; making travel booking efficient and experience seamless.
Another great feature is that if a corporate books a hotel with MakeMyTrip, then MMT will pass the GST details of the company during the booking to the hotelier. When the hotel creates the bill, GST details of the company would be incorporated on the invoice which would ensure that the tax charged on the invoice will be uploaded by them against the company’s GST account. Also, against the convenience fee charged by MMT, the company will be able to claim GST benefits as well.
This way, companies stand to claim
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala