I went off-roading in the snow with a professional driver - here's what I learned
A snow storm hit the East Coast on Tuesday, coating the roads with a mix of sleet and ice.
John Weast/Getty Images
Although the most intense parts of the storm have shifted away from cities like New York and Philadelphia, most forms of mass transit have been suspended as road conditions worsen throughout the day.
It's best to avoid driving in a snowstorm. However, if there is an emergency situation where you must drive, there are ways to do it safely.
A few weeks ago, I drove a Chevy Cruze slalom-style in the snow up in Connecticut as part of a driving class with Chevrolet. My driving instructor, Pat Daly, shared some tips for those times where you have to drive in snow.
Popular on BI
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge