Travis Kalanick "I will apply for Indian citizenship today if it helps us in India"
After Travis talked about how they started Uber in the US with the sole thought of "pushing a button to get a cab", Travis went on talking about competition with
Here are a few highlights
He talked about how India is far at adopting new technology and while Uber has had their issues with regulation all over the world India is not a problem area on that. And he says Uber is fine too follow rules as long as it benefits the customers
Only two things can get him riled up if there are issues with low cost and flexible service
He says being local is our main motto in India, "Uber is driven by sons and daughters of India"
On its main competition in India market Ola, Travis agreed Ola is strong competition in India but he also believes competition is good for consumers
There is no plan to partner with Ola like how Uber has merged with other similar mobility service in China
For Uber there have been the most difficult markets to function in, Germany, Spain, Seoul, Tokyo.
India will be the last place to get automated cars given how badly Indians drive on roads
AdvertisementWe are working on flying cars with a similar concept of
Popular on BI
- Samsung plans 15 premium experience stores across 9 cities by December
- Redmi 12C vs Realme C55: Which budget phone will reign supreme under ₹12,000?
- India reports over 3,000 Covid-19 cases for the second consecutive day
- Richard Branson's rocket company Virgin Orbit lays off 85% of workforce
- Indian-American Ajay Banga sole nominee to lead World Bank