IBM is reportedly in talks to buy uStream, a competitor to Amazon's Twitch, for $130 million
UStream, founded in 2007, is best known as a competitor with Amazon's Twitch - it lets users broadcast themselves, their computer desktops, or video games live to a participatory audience.
With this acquisition, the company's IBM Cloud would likely integrate uStream's video technology, letting developers build apps - especially enterprise apps - that let users easily share their desktops or other streaming content. IBM and uStream have had a technological partnership in place since 2014, doing much the same thing.
We've reached out to IBM for comment and will update when we hear back.
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Marico Q3 net profit falls 5% to ₹333 cr, revenue up 2.6% to ₹2,470 cr
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore
- Gautam Adani loses richest Indian tag in 1 yr as he drops from 2 to 21 in world rich list