If the world were only 100 people, here's what it would be like
There are approximately 7.5 billion people on Earth today. At such a large scale, it's hard to visualize how we compare to one another. It's much easier if we imagine there are only 100 people in the world.
Getty Images/Oli Scarff
If that was the case, 18 of those 100 people wouldn't have electricity and 14 people wouldn't be able to read or write.
We created visuals that break down these stats to give perspective on how people live around the world:
Popular on BI
- Short term inflation in Pakistan hits all-time high of 46%
- Former MP and noted Malayalam actor Innocent passes away at 75
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid mixed global cues: Nykaa, Bharat Electronics, Adani Total Gas among stocks in focus
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare