If you hate the new Gmail version that Google is forcing on users, here's a trick to make your Gmail look old again
Change can be hard, especially when it comes to your inbox.
Over the last few months, Google has been rolling out its new Gmail design, and some users aren't so keen on its look and feel.
The biggest shock seems to be coming from Gmail's new default view, which is much more bubbly and shows icons on the inbox home screen if there are any attachments within an email -- like images, slides, documents or spreadsheets.
Google has stopped allowing users to revert to the old version of its email product. However, there is a workaround that should bring some sanity back into your workflow if the new design is too much for you.
Here's how to get your inbox looking like the older version of Gmail:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
. I realise this is a first-world problem, but #newgmail makes me incandescent with rage. pic.twitter.com/yHc7XwYUFd- Miranda Jewess (@mirandajewess) October 15, 2018
Click on the settings gear in the top right hand corner.
Then click on "Density Display."
From there, you'll be able to choose your view. The "default" view has the new bubbly design and attachment icons that can be seen right from the inbox.
The "comfortable" view uses paperclips to signify an attachment in an email, rather than the icons.
The "compact" view is the most similar to the old Gmail design. It's similar to the "comfortable" view but has less white space in-between each line. As a result, the design feels less bubbly and more straightforward.
Once you save "compact" as your view of choice, the world should start feeling normal again. Until you start to actually write an email and Google starts auto-suggesting words and phrases to complete your sentences. Within your settings tab on Gmail, here's where to turn that "Smart Compose" feature off.
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Samsung Galaxy F54 5G: A top specs phone under Rs 30,000 but with fast charging still a miss
- TCS looking to grab opportunities arising due to global shifts in energy and supply chain, says Chandrasekaran
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny vs Honda Elevate – Which SUV suits your need
- LinkedIn introduces ID Verification feature for Indian users
- Ivan Menezes, India-born CEO of Johnnie Walker whisky's maker Diageo, passes away