IIT annual fee: General class to pay double; SC/ST, disabled and poor won’t pay a penny
A few days back, we told you about the recommendation of Standing Committee of the
From now onwards, it would cost you Rs two lakh as the annual fees for undergraduate courses in IITs, which until this year was Rs 90,000.
However, the fee has been completely waived off for those belonging to SC and ST class, the differently abled students, and those who belong to families with annual income less than Rs 1 lakh.
The decision has been taken by the HRD Ministry after a proposal by an IIT panel.
Popular on BI
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy