IIT Kanpur will soon become a completely cashless campus
Its QR Code-based cashless payment solution, Paytm claimed, has been enabled across various offline touch-points within the IIT Kanpur campus including the Hostel Canteens, Medical Store, Tea Stalls, Book Stalls and Cycle Repairing shops among others.
The move is to help students and teachers make quick and easy payments without the worries of carrying loose change.
Kiran Vasireddy, Senior Vice President – Paytm said, “Our ‘Cashless Campus’ initiative has proven to be a great success with the country’s youth. This is a clear reflection of the younger generation’s eagerness to choose digital payments over the hassles of cash. IIT Kanpur would be a great addition to our extensive portfolio of premium institutions including IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Madras and
Over the past years, Paytm has forged partnerships with several top colleges, universities and coaching across India. IIM A, IIM B, ISB- Hyderabad and Mohali, XLRI and IIM Indore and more have seen such tie-ups.
Premier engineering colleges like IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Madras and IIT Gandhinagar are among others who also accept Paytm.
The company has also partnered with several top private colleges like Symbiosis and
- COVID-19: Recovery rate nears 80 pc in Delhi; plans to use stadiums as COVID-19 facilities put on hold
- 4 more die of COVID-19 in Haryana, 658 new cases push total infections to 21,240
- 1 more COVID-19 death, 120 fresh cases in U'khand
- Rajasthan: Labourer missing after testing positive for COVID-19
- Mumbai's COVID-19 cases up by 1,263 to 92,720; 44 more die