In Pics: This Indian state is trying to set a world record by parading a line-up of 500 buses
AdvertisementThe state of Uttar Pradesh in India is attempting to get a spot in the Guinness World Records for “The Longest Parade of Buses” on Thursday, amid the ongoing Kumbh Mela 2019.
"The parade is also to demonstrate the traffic plan which worked very well during the ongoing
The state of Uttar Pradesh has set its eyes at a new record in the Guinness World Records by rolling out a fleet of 500 buses here on Thursday, officials said.
The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) buses will cover a distance of over 3.2 km (approximately 2 miles)
The parade of the saffron-colored buses was held at NH-19, between Sahson toll and Nawabganj toll plaza.
This would be the longest parade of buses anywhere in the world. The present record of a similar feat is held currently by Abu Dhabi of 390 buses.
At least 75 observers from the Guinness Book of World Records were reportedly there to witness the attempt made between 8 am to 9.30am on 28 February.
- Virtual credit cards have a limited use case – When should you consider one?
- Cyclone Michaung likely to intensify; Sec 144 imposed in coastal areas of Puducherry
- NCRB report shows sharp increase in Cyber Crime cases in states, Metros; overall dip in IPC cases registered in 2022
- Cong in 'striking distance' of BJP in terms of vote share: Jairam Ramesh
- Oppn ZPM strides ahead, ruling MNF trails in Mizoram