In Pics: This Indian state is trying to set a world record by parading a line-up of 500 buses
AdvertisementThe state of Uttar Pradesh in India is attempting to get a spot in the Guinness World Records for “The Longest Parade of Buses” on Thursday, amid the ongoing Kumbh Mela 2019.
"The parade is also to demonstrate the traffic plan which worked very well during the ongoing
The state of Uttar Pradesh has set its eyes at a new record in the Guinness World Records by rolling out a fleet of 500 buses here on Thursday, officials said.
The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) buses will cover a distance of over 3.2 km (approximately 2 miles)
The parade of the saffron-colored buses was held at NH-19, between Sahson toll and Nawabganj toll plaza.
This would be the longest parade of buses anywhere in the world. The present record of a similar feat is held currently by Abu Dhabi of 390 buses.
At least 75 observers from the Guinness Book of World Records were reportedly there to witness the attempt made between 8 am to 9.30am on 28 February.
Popular on BI
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World