In Pics: This Indian state is trying to set a world record by parading a line-up of 500 buses
AdvertisementThe state of Uttar Pradesh in India is attempting to get a spot in the Guinness World Records for “The Longest Parade of Buses” on Thursday, amid the ongoing Kumbh Mela 2019.
"The parade is also to demonstrate the traffic plan which worked very well during the ongoing
The state of Uttar Pradesh has set its eyes at a new record in the Guinness World Records by rolling out a fleet of 500 buses here on Thursday, officials said.
The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) buses will cover a distance of over 3.2 km (approximately 2 miles)
The parade of the saffron-colored buses was held at NH-19, between Sahson toll and Nawabganj toll plaza.
This would be the longest parade of buses anywhere in the world. The present record of a similar feat is held currently by Abu Dhabi of 390 buses.
At least 75 observers from the Guinness Book of World Records were reportedly there to witness the attempt made between 8 am to 9.30am on 28 February.
Popular on BI
- Best ad-free games for iPhones
- Jeep Meridian SUV launched in India – price, features and everything you need to know
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s road rage case — looking back at the 34 year old timeline
- TCS, Wipro & Infosys saw a massive selloff after Walmart & Target’s revenues fell — explaining the domino effect
- Flipkart claims to be the second biggest ‘buy now, pay later’ player ahead of Paytm, Amazon
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction