11 new COVID-19 cases in Dharavi; slum area tally rises to 71
Of the 11 new cases, four were reported from MukundNagar, two each from Social Nagar and Rajiv Nagar, and oneeach from Sai Raj Nagar, Transit camp and Ramji Chawllocalities of Dharavi, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation(BMC) official said.
Out of the total 71 cases, 18 have so far beenreported from Mukund Nagar area of Dharavi, eight from SocialNagar and seven from Muslim Nagar localities, he said.
So far, eight patients from Dharavi have died.Dharavi is one of the largest slum areas in Asia.Nearly 15 lakh people live in shanties located in this highlycongested area. KKGK GK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu
- Slip and slide: Ten brands that shed the most value in 2023
- Ready to debut: Two Tata SUVs to see facelifts this October, and more
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try