12 more coronavirus cases reported in Punjab; tally now 170
Among the fresh cases, seven are from Jalandhar, three from Mohali and one each from Kapurthala and Faridkot, a medical bulletin said.
Twelve people have died due to the disease so far in the state, it said, adding that currently, two patients are on oxygen support and 23 have been discharged.Mohali district continues to top the COVID 19-tally in Punjab with 53 confirmed cases so far, as per the bulletin.
A total of 4,281 samples have been taken so far for testing. Out of these, 3,590 have come out negative and reports of 521 samples are still awaited.Meanwhile, two people tested positive for the virus in Chandigarh on Sunday, taking the total to 21.
They are the mother and the daughter of a 40-year-old man who had earlier tested positive for the infection.A total of 279 samples have been tested in Chandigarh so far, of which 247 tested negative and reports of 10 samples are awaited. CHS VSD IJTIJT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin shows 81% efficacy after second dose in phase 3 trials
- Sonu Sood to launch blood bank app to connect donors with those in urgent need of blood
- India has the third highest number of women in senior management positions globally, according to Grant Thornton
- RIL, banks lift Sensex 1100 points higher, Nifty tops 15,200 mark
- Gujarat's annual budget for the next financial year has a surplus of ₹588 crore