1,658 held in Manipur for violating curfew, lockdown; fine of Rs 1.99 lakh collected
In all, 889 violators were detained with 731 vehicleson Sunday. Police also detained 769 curfew violators with 762vehicles on Monday, said L Kailun, the Additional DirectorGeneral of Police (ADGP) in-charge of law and order.
The curfew violators were produced before theconcerned magistrates. A total fine of 91,200 was imposed onSunday and Rs 1,07,800 on Monday.
Police said strict action will be taken against thosewho continue to violate the restrictions.A state-wide curfew was declared in Manipur on March24 after a woman had tested positive for the coronavirusinfection. The nationwide lockdown was imposed the next day. CORRSOM SOM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu