2 new COVID-19 cases in Ladakh
The number of active COVID-19 cases in Ladakh are four and all of them are stable. Sixteen patients have recovered and were discharged from hospitals, the official said.
A new case was reported from Bogdang village in Nubra area of Leh district, and the other from Sankoo in Kargil district, said Rigzin Samphel, commissioner secretary (health).The family members of the two have been shifted to quarantine centres. The person in Sankoo had a travel history to Iran and had reached Delhi on February 26 before travelling to Leh on March 5, Samphel said.
The area of Sankoo is already under containment and contact tracing will be carried out. Moreover, 500 samples from Bogdang will be sent for testing, he said.Meanwhile, Leh District Magistrate Sachin Kumar issued an order declaring Bogdang as a containment area. TASHMB
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- From Tata to Maruti and Mahindra — these are the electric cars lined up for launch in 2021
- Farmer protests: Fifth round of talks end in deadlock, next round on December 9
- Odisha forms panels to track adverse events in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- Hry minister, who got 1st dose of Covid vaccine, tests positive (Ld)
- Hundred cops in Ahmedabad found COVID-19 positive in special drive