38 fresh coronavirus cases detected in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar, Jul 12 () Thirty-eight more people tested positive for COVID-19 in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar on Sunday, taking the total number of active cases in the district to 144, officials said.
The new cases include 11 inmates of the district jail, six employees of UP Power Corporation Limited and seven police personnel, they said.
According to Muzaffarnagar DM Selvakumari J, the Health department had received 839 results of samples, of which 38 were positive for COVID-19.
The district magistrate also said eight more coronavirus patients have recovered from the infection.All 38 patients who tested positive are being shifted to a COVID hospital in Begarazpur, officials said. CORR AD
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937