536 temples in Tamil Nadu will now accept donations through QR code for sevas
The department has commenced trial to provide QR codes and scanners at the temples.
A senior official of the HR&CE department while speaking to IANS said, "Many devotees are comfortable with e-payments and we get requests from devotees across the globe for making e-payments. We will provide the devotees with computerised bills."
The National Informatics Centre (NIC) has developed the software for this and has been customised for each temple, the official said.
It may be noted that ever since the
The HR&CE department in association with the idol squad of the Tamil Nadu Police have made a registry of the valuables stolen from the temples under it and have already commenced identifying the idols and other valuables that were stolen years ago.
Minister for HR&CE, P.K. Sekar Babu while speaking to IANS said, "We are in the process of using modern technologies in temples under HR&CE and the online payment for 'archanas' and other temple offerings as part of this development. There were requests from devotees across the globe to provide online facilities for payment of offerings to temples and we have entrusted the NIC to develop customised software for each temple under the department. The trail for the same has already commenced and we will implement it soon in temples under HR&CE in a phased manner."
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer