8 COVID-19 related IIT-KGP projects approved
Researchers would be working on several projects suchas designing and developing bodysuit for COVID-19 patients,personal protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers,rapid diagnostic kit, and portable shredder integrated withsterilizer, the statement said.
View all Offers
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Mi 11X 5G (Celestial Silver 6GB RAM 128GB ROM | SD 870 | DisplayMate A+ rated E4 AMOLED | Upto 18 Months No Cost EMI)₹ 27999₹ 33999Buy On
- 14% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 Pro 5G (Morning Mist, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 60999₹ 64999Buy On
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
Other projects approved by the IIT Council includedreal-time PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) machine, suit withforced purified and cooled air circulation for medicalprofessionals, bootstrapping ambu-bag as automatedventilator, telemedicine for fighting a viral pandemic, largescale production of recombinant proteins for vaccine andtesting.
"IIT Kharagpur has set up research funding for R&Dwork related to COVID-19. The Institute submitted a list ofprojects to the IIT Council of which 8 projects have beenselected. An amount of Rs 50 Lakh has been allotted for phaseI of 8 projects towards development of prototypes," astatement issued by the IIT-KGP said on Monday.
For most of these projects, the prototypes areexpected to be ready within 3-4 weeks, while a couple of themwould take about 6 months to deliver the results, it said.
IIT-KGP Director Prof Virendra Kumar Tewari said,"While we built some quick technologies to cater to theimmediate needs of the essential service providers at thecampus, we were simultaneously preparing project proposals andevaluating them keeping in mind the immediate need of thecountry, cost and product delivery period.
"IIT Kharagpur has a proven track record towardsdevelopment of indigenous health and hygiene technologieswhich are affordable, high-quality at par with globallyaccepted standards, and commercially viable, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover