8 mediapersons booked for rioting, violating lockdown
The sub-jailor accused the reporters and othersof forcibly entering the revenue guesthouse in Madhira townof the district on the night of April 13where he, threeother government officials, including a Tahsildar and adoctor, were sitting after dinner, and later attempted toassault him, they said.
The mediapersons were also accused of notmaintaining social distancing norms and coming into the guesthouse as a mob, police said.
On April 14, the Tahsildar, Extension Officer ofthe Panchayat Raj and Rural Development, a government doctorand also the sub-jailor (who subsequently filed the complaintagainst the media persons) were booked under the EpidemicDiseases Act for allegedly violating the ongoing lockdownnorms and organising a liquor party at the guest house.
Based on the complaint of the sub-jailor, anInvestigating official told over phone that the eightmediapersons after forcibly entering the guest houseallegedly argued with the government officials and one ofthem pushed and abused the sub-jailor besides pulling offhis mask and confining the doctor to the bathroom.The sub-jailor also stated that when he tried torescue the doctor, the mediapersons allegedly restrained himfollowing which he came out of the guesthouse but he waschased and a mediaperson tried to attack him, but he managedto escape and later lodge a complaint with the police. VVKNVG NVG
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states