A whole lot of doctors reportedly forced to reuse same mask for a week are crying for support
- A shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) which includes head covers, glasses, N95 respirators, mask, and shoe covers is hampering medical workers’ ability to work efficiently and stay safe.
- To make it worse, some nurses are reusing the same mask for a week which is dangerous..
- And some others have taken it to twitter to share their condition and request the government to take action
View all Offers
- 16% OFF
Oppo A16 (Pearl Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 13490₹ 16990Buy On
- 16% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 Pro 5G (Morning Mist, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 60999₹ 64999Buy On
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
- 20% OFF
iQOO Z5 5G (Mystic Space, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | Snapdragon 778G 5G Processor | 5000mAh Battery | 44W FlashCharge | Rs.1000 Coupon Discount₹ 23990₹ 29990Buy On
Indian doctors, nurses and other medical staff are forced to treat Coronavirus patients without any personal protective equipment (PPE) — that includes head covers, glasses, N95 respirators, mask, and shoe covers.
To make it worse, a few nurses are reusing the same mask for a week which is dangerous.
The government has arranged a fund of ₹15,000 crore to procure essential medical items like ventilators, quarantine facilities, personal protective equipment, isolation beds, ICU beds, ventilators and other essential requirements. Yet, timely procurement is necessary to keep doctors safe.
Ideally, a doctor or a nurse is supposed to wear gloves, gowns, eye gear and masks. However, some of them were not given any of it even in isolation wards which could lead to dire consequences.
Italy — the epicenter of the pandemic — reported at least 23 deaths of Italian doctors. Sadly, the list of doctor deaths is only getting longer.
Several doctors have taken to Twitter to share their condition and request the government to take action. A doctor said that she can give free treatment but she too needs some sort of protection.
No N95 masks for Drs and Sisters in Emergency in GTB hospital. And no proper PPE.@ArvindKejriwal @narendramodi… https://t.co/C6Me3fWEME— Dr.Dushyant Sisodiya (@dushyant5162) 1584882269000
This is an EMERGENCY Doctors across India are saying that they don't have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) The… https://t.co/SOoJ2GvR79— Srivatsa (@srivatsayb) 1585026227000
"It has been brought to our notice from senior and junior resident (SR/JR) doctors of various departments that residents attending to suspected and confirmed Covid-19 patients are working without PPE gear. We are scared of such working conditions causing emotional and psychological stress. We request you to provide PPE gear for proper functioning without any threat of infection," Resident Doctors' Association Lucknow president Rahul Bharat said in his letter to vice-chancellor Prof M.L.B. Bhatt.
Sleeplessness, fear and panic can grip people during lockdown say experts
Here’s what you can access during the 21-day lockdown across India
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports
- Pitch your startup ideas at IIT Bombay’s business model competition Eureka! — Here’s how you can apply
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable
- CRED's ad featuring Rahul Dravid was the most viral ad in IPL 2021: Report
- Best steel plates for lunch and dinner in India