Bengaluru civic agency designates 32 municipal wards as COVID-19 hotspots
Bengaluru tops the list with 71 positive cases so far,followed by Mysuru where 58 cases have been reported.
Kalaburagi district is also among the hotspots with 17positive cases including three deaths.
These 32 wards of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike(BBMP) have been completely sealed and an extensive healthcheck-up campaign has been taken up in these areas, BengaluruMayor M Gautham Kumar told P T I on Thursday.
"We are carrying out door-to-door check-up in threekilometres radius where the patients have been found. We havemade elaborate arrangements for the supply of essentialcommodities at the doorsteps of people residing there," Kumarsaid.
"We are not letting people to venture out in groups inthese 32 wards. Elaborate security arrangements have been madeto prevent people from flouting the regulations," he added.
According to a Palike official, out of 11 BBMP zones,positive cases have been reported in 10 zones.
Among them the highest positive case has been reportedin BBMP South Zone with 17 cases, followed by East Zone with16 cases and West zone with 11 cases.
The medical facilities in Bengaluru have been upgradedto an unprecedented level, the official said, adding that thishas resulted in complete recovery of 35 patients so far."We are still asking the fully recovered patients tostay home quarantined so that there should not be any remotestchance of COVID-19 virus present in their body and theytransmit it to their family members," he said. GMS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip