Blue, Pink lines of Delhi Metro resume services after 171 days
- According to
DMRC, the Blue lineresumed operations after 171 days which runs from Dwarka Sector-21 to Electronic City (Noida), and Vaishali. The Pink lineruns between Majlis Park and Shiv Vihar.
- The services will be available on both of these Lines from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. along with Yellow/Rapid Lines which are already operational.
AdvertisementAfter Monday's success, the Delhi Metro on Wednesday also started operations on its two more additional lines -- Blue and Pink, providing relief to hundreds of commuters.
The resumption of service comes two days after the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) started the services on the Yellow line and Gurugram's Rapid Metro as part of Stage 1 of "graded resumption of Metro services".
According to DMRC, the Blue line resumed operations after 171 days which runs from Dwarka Sector-21 to Electronic City (Noida), and Vaishali. The Pink line runs between Majlis Park and Shiv Vihar.
The services will be available on both of these Lines from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. along with Yellow/Rapid Lines which are already operational.
The re-opening of these two Lines ensures availability of nine of the existing 28 interchange Metro stations -- Rajouri Garden, INA Delhi Haat, Mayur Vihar Phase - I, Karkardooma, Rajiv Chowk, Yamuna Bank, Anand Vihar ISBT, Azadpur and Sikandarpur.
In addition to these, three more routes -- Red Line, Green Line and Violet Line -- will also resume services on Thursday.
Also, the rest of the remaining lines will also be re-opened under Stage-2 and Stage-3 of Graded resumption plan on September 11 and 12, respectively.
Isha and Akash Ambani, Adar Poonawalla, Byju Raveendran — meet the Indians who made it to Fortune's ‘40 under 40’ list this year
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Meet the newest employee at Elon Musk's SpaceX. He's 14.
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar