Bonus for 30 lakh public sector employees announced by Union Cabinet
PIB live webcast
Union Cabinethas decided to give 30 lakh public sector employeesa bonus to stimulate demand ahead of the festive season.
- Around ₹2,791 crore has been allocated for 17 lakh central
- Another ₹906 crore has been allotted to non-gazetted employees.
AdvertisementIn a move that brings in some festive cheer, Union Minister
The bonus will be allotted to over 30 lakh central government employees and employees of commercial establishments like railways, defence production and post offices.
Around ₹2,791 crore has been allocated for 17 lakh central government employees and will be given out as productivity linked bonus. Another ₹906 crore has been set aside for non-gazetted employees as a bonus.
According to Javadekar, this will help boost demand in the economy by giving people purchasing power ahead of the festive season.
He disclosed that the disbursement of bonus amounts will be done by the end of this week.
EXCLUSIVE: Amazon AI executive explains three things every business needs to address before using machine learning
EXCLUSIVE: Kumar Mangalam Birla says cement industry is recovering and analysts find evidence of it outside UltraTech too
Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the colour of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
Popular on BI
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?