Booster shots against COVID-19 for all adults to be available from April 10
- All those above 18 years of age are now eligible to take booster doses at private vaccination centres from April 10.
- Only adults who have completed nine months after the second dose of the vaccine are allowed to take the booster shot.
- Currently, only healthcare workers, frontline workers, and people above 60 years of age are allowed to get a booster dose.
AdvertisementThe government has approved precautionary doses of
Only adults who have completed nine months after the second dose of the vaccine are allowed to take the booster shot.
So far, about 96% of all 15 plus population in the country have received at least one dose of vaccine while 83% have received both the doses.
Currently, only healthcare workers, frontline workers, and people above 60 years of age are allowed to get a booster dose.
While the COVID situation in the country is stable, China has witnessed a sudden surge in cases, which resulted in a lockdown in some regions there. This has again raised fear of infections. Hence, a third dose seems very important at the moment.
Not to forget some countries are not allowing adults to even visit without a third dose.
Besides, a new variant -- XE variant of SARS-CoV2 -- has surfaced and Maharashtra seems to have detected the first case. A 50-year-old female South African national who had come to India on February 10 is reportedly detected with the new variant. But the union government denied the claim.
SEE ALSO: Zee Entertainment rallies sharply in one month on strong box office collection of ‘The Kashmir Files’ and on high hopes from Zee-Sony merger
You will soon be able to use UPI for cardless cash withdrawals at all banks and ATMs
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Meet the newest employee at Elon Musk's SpaceX. He's 14.
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar