British era gold coins found while digging a toilet pit in UP's Jaunpur
The family members of the woman
The police got information over the weekend and seized the coins.
All coins belong to the British empire (between 1889-1912). The police are interrogating the workers while some labourers are said to be absconding.
Noor Jahan, wife of
During the digging, some coins were found in a copper vessel, after which the labourers started quarrelling among themselves.
According to the family, the labourers left the work in the middle.
The next day, the labourers returned and started digging again due to greed. In the meantime, a labourer told the son of Raini about getting gold coins. When he started asking, the labourers gave him a coin.
The Inspector-in-Charge reached the spot and started the investigation.
The police went to the labourers with Raini's son and inquired. The labourers at first denied any such incident, but when the police acted firmly the former revealed finding gold coins.
AdvertisementThe labourers returned the gold coins to the police.
It is not yet clear how many coins were originally found in the copper pot. The police are interrogating the workers.
Macchlishahar Officer Atar Singh said, "I had gone to the spot. When the labourers were contacted, a total of 10 coins were found. All the coins have been deposited in the government treasury. The interrogation of the workers is underway."
SEE ALSO :
Ashish Chouhan re-starts his second innings at NSE, as its MD and CEO
India’s largest wine seller Sula Vineyards files for an IPO
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know
- Businesses with turnover of over Rs 5 crore to generate e-invoice from August 1