BSF jawan succumbs to COVID-19; 14th death in CAPFs
This is the 14th COVID-19 death in the paramilitary or Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
"Constable Vinod Kumar Prasad breathed his last on June 9 at the AIIMS in Delhi.
"He was deployed on law-and-order duty with the Delhi Police and admitted to the AIIMS on June 5 with weakness and cough," a Border Security Force (BSF) spokesperson said.
Prasad's COVID-19 test results came negative on June 6, but his condition deteriorated on June 8 and he breathed his last on Tuesday at the AIIMS ICU, he added.
His COVID-19 test results of June 8 were found positive, the spokesperson said.
The about 2.5-lakh-personnel-strong force has had a total of 535 coronavirus cases till now, of which 435 have recovered.This was the 14th death in the CAPFs due to COVID-19, including five in the CISF, four in the CRPF and one each in the SSB and ITBP. NES RC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge
- India exported military hardware worth ₹15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- From Citadel to Ponniyin Selvan 2: a look at the shows & movies releasing in April