BSF jawan succumbs to COVID-19; 14th death in CAPFs
This is the 14th COVID-19 death in the paramilitary or Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
"Constable Vinod Kumar Prasad breathed his last on June 9 at the AIIMS in Delhi.
"He was deployed on law-and-order duty with the Delhi Police and admitted to the AIIMS on June 5 with weakness and cough," a Border Security Force (BSF) spokesperson said.
Prasad's COVID-19 test results came negative on June 6, but his condition deteriorated on June 8 and he breathed his last on Tuesday at the AIIMS ICU, he added.
His COVID-19 test results of June 8 were found positive, the spokesperson said.
The about 2.5-lakh-personnel-strong force has had a total of 535 coronavirus cases till now, of which 435 have recovered.This was the 14th death in the CAPFs due to COVID-19, including five in the CISF, four in the CRPF and one each in the SSB and ITBP. NES RC
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley