Caregiver must for those in self-isolation for coronavirus : WB
The state health department in its orders said thatthe people who opt for home isolation should also submit anundertaking that self isolation guidelines will be followed bythem.
"Such cases should have adequate facility at theirresidences for self-isolation and also for quarantine of thefamily contacts. A caregiver should be available at theirresidence to provide care on 24x7 basis," the notificationissued by the health department said.
The caregiver and all close contacts of such peopleshould take hydroxychloroquine prophylaxis as per protocol andas prescribed by the medical officer treating them, it added.
"The patient will agree to monitor his health. Forfurther follow up by surveillance teams, the patient and thecare giver will regularly inform his health status to thedistrict surveillance officer," the notification said.
According to the protocol issued by the state healthdepartment on May 11, the patient or caregiver should downloadthe Arogya Setu app on their mobile phones and keep activetheir bluetooth and data at all times.
The notification also detailed when to seek medicalattention during home isolation.
"Immediate medical attention must be sought if anyonedevelops serious symptoms like difficulty in breathing,persistent pain or pressure in the chest, mental confusion orinability to arouse the patients, developing bluishdiscolorations of lips or face or has been advised by thetreating medical officer," it added.
The department while outlining signs fordiscontinuing home isolation for patients said that it couldbe done after 17 days from the onset of the symptoms with atleast 10 days since the remission of fever or after 17 daysfrom the date of sampling for pre-symptomatic or asymptomaticcases.
"There is no need for swab testing by RT-PCR after thehome isolation period is over," it added.On Tuesday the number of COVID-19 cases in WestBengal had increased to 2,173, of which 1,364 are active. SCH KKKK KK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Xiaomi Band 7 launch set for May 24: Everything we know so far
- Thunderstorms, rain bring down homes and power supplies along with temperatures in North India
- Elon Musk replies to Pune techie's witty tweet, says he does not run the techie's account
- Tata Steel, SAIL, Jindal Steel shares tumble up to 16% after the export tax shocker
- Sensex jumps over 311 points in morning trade; Maruti, M&M, Asian Paints, Titan and Kotak Mahindra Bank among top gainers