Case against govt doctor for not joining duty in COVID-19 ward
An FIR was lodged against Dr Santosh Patel at Malkharoda police station on Thursday based on the complaint of Block Medical Officer (BMO), said Additional Superintendent of Police Madhulika Singh.
Dr Patel, a medical officer posted at Community Health Centre (CHC) Malkharoda, was deputed to the Isolation and Covid ward of the district hospital on June 8 with immediate effect.
But he did not turn up for duty till Thursday, so the BMO lodged the complaint, the police officer said.
The BMO stated in the complaint that Dr Patel's absence could have led to loss of life due to the pandemic at the hospital.The case was registered under IPC section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and section 56 of Disaster Management Act 2005, she said adding that further investigation is underway. COR TKP KRK KRK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company