CBI books rice mill, 3 directors in Rs 100-cr cheating cases
Directors Shyam Lal, Parveen Kumar and Suresh Kumar allegedly obtained credit facilities from the SBI's commercial branch in Haryana's Karnal by misrepresentation of facts, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) spokesperson said.
The company, which manufactured grain mill products (rice), allegedly diverted the loan amount for introduction of share capital, inflated the sale and purchase figures, and devalued stocks to show losses to justify diversion of funds by selling stock out of books, the officials said.
The company allegedly failed to repay the loan amount resulting in the loss of Rs.100.46 crore to the bank.The agency has also booked unnamed public servants in the case, the officials said. ABS ANB ANB
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Nifty headed for lifetime high in June, analysts recommend capitalising on dips
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL