Unlock 5.0 guidelines – Schools and colleges set to reopen in phases, cinema halls allowed with 50% seating
- The Indian government has opened up the economy further in Unlock 5.0.
- After almost six months of being shut,
schoolsand collegesare set to reopen across the country in a graded manner from October 15.
cinema hallswhich have been lying vacant since March, can now finally reopen.
AdvertisementAs India continues to battle the
Schools and colleges set to reopen – but not mandatory
According to the new norms, after almost six months of being shut, schools and colleges are set to reopen across the country from October 15. However, interestingly the government continues to encourage online learning with permission for some students to attend school if they want to, with parental consent.
AdvertisementFor schools and coaching institutions -
- State/ UT Governments have been given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15, in graded manner
- Online/distance learning remains preferred mode of teaching
- Attendance must not be enforced, and must depend entirely on parental consent
- Schools, which are allowed to open, will have to mandatorily follow the SOP to be issued by Education Departments of States/ UTs
- For PhD students and other higher education students who need to visit the laboratories, they will be allowed to do so from October 15.
- This will be dependent on the head of the institution deciding whether there is a “genuine requirement of research scholars (Ph.D) and post-graduate students in science and technology stream for laboratory/experimental works.”
India’s cinema halls which have been lying vacant since March, can now finally reopen.
- Cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes will be permitted to open with upto 50% of their seating capacity, SOP will be issued by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Business to Business (B2B) Exhibitions will be permitted to open, for which SOP will be issued by the Department of Commerce.
- Swimming pools for the training of sportspersons can reopen.
- Entertainment parks and similar places will be allowed to reopen.
- Religious, social and other gatherings can go beyond the previous capacity of 100.
- For closed spaces, a maximum of 50% of the hall’s capacity will be allowed with an upper limit of 200.
- Inter and intra state movement can take place without any permissions needed as earlier
- International air travel continues to be prohibited, except as permitted by the MHA.
India has reported over 63 lakh coronavirus cases and has the second highest number of cases in the world.
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms