C'garh: 4 Naxal couriers held in Bastar, 695 bullets seized
Manoj Sharma and Harishankar Gedam were apprehended from Sukma district on June 2, while Ganesh Kunjam and Atmaram Nareti were held from Kanker district on Saturday, Inspector General of Police (Bastar range) Sundarraj P told .
"They were involved in supplying ammunition to ultras in Bastar region. Sharma, of Dhamtari, and Gedam of Balod district were intercepted at Malkangiri Chowk in Sukma town and 395 bullets of self loading and .303 rifles were seized," he said.
During interrogation, they said Kunjam and Nareti, linked to Maoist leader Darshan Pedda who is secretary of the 'Pratappur area committee' in Kanker, had approached them to supply ammunition, he said.
"Later, Kunjam and Nareti were arrested and 70 live rounds of INSAS and .303 rifles were recovered from them. Based on their statements, more ammunition meant for Naxals was uncovered from Dhamtari. In all, 695 live rounds of .303, AK-47, SLR and INSAS rifles were seized," the IG said.They have been charged under provisions of Arms Act and Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act at Kotwali police station in Sukma, he said. TKP BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Markets fall in early trade on weak global trends, FII outflows
- Rupee falls 38 paise to 81.78 against US dollar
- The e-auction closing date of 1,200 gifts given to PM Modi, extended
- Swiss banking giant Credit Suisse fighting for its survival says report
- IAF to induct first batch of indigenously-developed light combat vehicles on Monday