Checkout how President Trump’s plane stands out from Narendra Modi’s official aircraft
- Air Force One is the safest plane in the world, that is used by the POTUS for transportation.
- Air Force One has unlimited range and can travel around the world in one go, with mid-air refuelling capacity.
- The Indian government too purchased two new Boeing 777s, which will be used to fly Prime Minister and President of India and other top Indian dignitaries.
The US has two identical aircrafts named Air Force One which are highly customised Boeing 747-200B series aircrafts, designed for the transportation of the US president.
The Indian PM and President however can travel in any aircraft which is named “Air India One” as of now. But the Indian government purchased two new Boeing 777s, which will be used to fly Prime Minister and President of India and other top Indian dignitaries from July, this year.
AdvertisementUnlimited range vs self-protection suites
Air Force One has unlimited range and can travel around the world in one go. It is also capable of mid-air refuelling in case of an emergency. The aircraft is equipped with advanced secure communications equipment, which allows the aircraft to function as a mobile command centre if an attack happens on the
However, the current Indian aircraft which will carry the Prime Minister and President cannot replicate the modern accessories of Air Force One. But the new plane which is expected to come this year will have state-of-the-art missile defence systems called Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) and Self-Protection Suites (SPS).
Flying Oval office vs grenade launchers
Air Force One, also known as ‘flying Oval office’ has 4,000 square feet of floor space on three levels, including an extensive suite for the President that features a large office, lavatory, and conference room. The aircraft has a medical suite that has a doctor on board and has a capability to function as an operating room.
The aircraft has two food preparation galleys, which can feed 100 people at a time. The plane also has special quarters for the President’s delegates including senior advisors,
AdvertisementThe new Indian aircraft for the President and Prime Minister is expected to store food for over 2,000 people at one go and will have special features like grenade and rocket launcher in situations of attacks. The new aircraft will be the first Indian aircraft which will be equipped with SPS (self-protection suites), which can effectively jam enemy radar frequencies and divert heat-seeking missiles.
The plane of the POTUS is maintained and operated by the Presidential Airlift Group which is the part of the
AdvertisementThe new wide-body planes that India will welcome this year are expected to be maintained by Air India Engineering Services (AIESL), which is a subsidiary of the Indian national carrier, according to reports.
- By air, rail and road – how oxygen is being transported across India amidst a severe COVID-19 crisis
- Voice search queries in India are growing at 270% per year: MMA and Isobar Report
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries buys Britain's iconic country club Stoke Park for ₹592 crore
- Instagram is bringing ads to Reels in India; here are a few formats it is planning to add
- Simplified: AIIMS, ICMR new guidelines for treatment of patients with ‘moderate’ case of COVID-19