Chinmaya Mission donates Rs 3 cr for PM-CARES fund to dight COVID-19
Chinmaya Mission, through its ashrams and centres across the country, has been assisting local administrations in providing and distributing rations, groceries and food to the needy and marginalised citizens who are hampered by the lockdown, it said.
On the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti, the mission recently conducted a global spiritual initiative to increase spiritual strength and positivity during the lockdown. Devotees from countries across the world together chanted Hanuman Chalisa cumulatively over a million times, continuously for 24 hours. Renowned Bollywood singer Shankar Mahadevan also participated on this occasion, it added.
The statement also said that on the request of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, Chinmaya Mission has shared the ''Upanishad Ganga'' tele-serial, which aired on DD National in 2012, for telecast again on DD Bharati from 6 pm to 7 pm daily.Upanishad Ganga is a 52-episode serial that explains the knowledge of the Upanishads in a modern context through stories. Chinmaya Mission was established in 1953 by devotees of Swami Chinmayananda. SLB AAR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts