Chinmaya Mission donates Rs 3 cr for PM-CARES fund to dight COVID-19
Chinmaya Mission, through its ashrams and centres across the country, has been assisting local administrations in providing and distributing rations, groceries and food to the needy and marginalised citizens who are hampered by the lockdown, it said.
On the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti, the mission recently conducted a global spiritual initiative to increase spiritual strength and positivity during the lockdown. Devotees from countries across the world together chanted Hanuman Chalisa cumulatively over a million times, continuously for 24 hours. Renowned Bollywood singer Shankar Mahadevan also participated on this occasion, it added.
The statement also said that on the request of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, Chinmaya Mission has shared the ''Upanishad Ganga'' tele-serial, which aired on DD National in 2012, for telecast again on DD Bharati from 6 pm to 7 pm daily.Upanishad Ganga is a 52-episode serial that explains the knowledge of the Upanishads in a modern context through stories. Chinmaya Mission was established in 1953 by devotees of Swami Chinmayananda. SLB AAR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report